Your stories define ours. Simply share your own or your family’s memories or stories about your Sheffield Bricktropolis experience.
We’re looking for a story or a memory about your visit(s) to Sheffield Bricktropolis of between 50 and 300 words. All we ask is that you bring your experience or memory to life with a brief story that captures the best bits of your experience. Children may enter this competition with a drawing. Remember to add valid contact details.
To enter, all you need to do is post your entry in our special LEGO-Post Box inside McDonald’s on the High Street. No purchase necessary.
For the five best entries, we’ll be awarding a £50 Sheffield Gift Card (accepted by more than 90 city centre businesses). All submissions will be published and shared on our website.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is promoted by the not-for-profit business improvement district Sheffield City Centre BID Limited (“Sheffield BID”).
- Methods of submission:- through our special LEGO-Post Box located at McDonald’s Restaurant, 20-22 High Street, Sheffield.
- Sheffield Bricktropolis runs from 17th to 30th August and the submission of your ‘Sheffield Bricktropolis Memories and Stories’ must be posted at McDonald’s between 17th and 30th August. We will only accept entries by email after 30th August and up until 5pm on Friday, 6th September.
- A submission may be declared void if your First name and Surname are not made clear, and you do not leave at least one of the following contact methods, landline or mobile phone number; postal address; email address.
- There will be up to five winners.
- Sheffield BID can at its discretion, offer some runner up prizes dependent on the volume and closeness in the standards of the submissions.
- Sheffield BID reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions or withdraw the competition, or mark a submission as void.
- By entering the competition, you agree for your name to be made public for publicity purposes should your submission be judged a winner, or runner up.
- Winners as decided by the judging panel in September 2019, will be announced by Friday, 20th September and will be made available via the Sheffield Bricktropolis website. Judges’ decisions are final.
- No cash alternative will be available.
- Sheffield BID may publish a selection of stories and/or drawings, and/or share them in a publicity.